Keeping Tennessee Healthy
Call Us Free: 1-877-224-2052

Tennessee Health Insurance That Offers Solid Protection

Tennessee Health InsuranceWe all need protection especially when it concerns our health. If you don’t have a Tennessee health insurance plan yet, now would be the best time to get one. Having a health insurance policy can help protect your assets and gives you assurance that you will get health care services when you need it the most.

If this is your first time to get health care coverage, it is inevitable that you’ll get confused along the way. There are literally hundreds of health insurance plan options out there offered by different providers. There are varying levels of co-pays, deductibles, co-insurance and plans using provider networks. To help make things easier for you, here are a few tips to keep in mind.

Although there are different types of Tennessee health insurance, they have similarities like co-pays, deductibles and co-insurance. Co-pay plans have higher premiums since it covers your health care expenses out right without meeting a deductible. Co-pay plans require you to pay a small amount for a particular service like doctor visits and getting your prescriptions filled.

If you do want to get lower premiums, you can go for high-deductible health insurance plans. With high-deductible plans, you need to meet your plan’s annual deductible before medical coverage begins. However, there is one exception. Under the health care reform law, preventive care services are fully covered without having to meet the plan’s deductible. Preventive care services are totally free if you get treatment from in-network providers.

Then, there’s co-insurance that you have to pay after your plan’s deductible has been met. The most common is the 80/20 split. This means that the health insurance company will cover 80 percent of your medical bills and you will have to pay the remaining 20 percent of the tab out-of-pocket. With these out-of-pocket costs, you need to weigh whether, based on your health care needs, a co-pay plan or a high-deductible plan will result in lower health care spending.

You can learn more about Tennessee health insurance here on our site. Run our quotes to quickly compare rates, deductibles and coverage.

Be Sociable, Share!
Leave a Reply

Contact

eTNHealthinsurance
111 South Highland St. #117
Memphis, TN 38111
Phone: (877) 224-2052
www.eTNHealthInsurance.com
info@eTNHealthInsurance.com

Tennesse Insurance Plans